Friday, October 23, 2015

PARADISE PARK in Manoa Valley

This month I was on a tour of the former bird park known as Paradise Park.  The park is now closed to the public, but with special permission, we were able to walk into the overgrown jungle that once housed attractions such as a bird theatre, aviaries, and ponds.

We were led to an abandoned building where a suicide had occurred.  I took some random photographs in the dark and captured a shadow figure standing behind the group.  The funny thing is, throughout the tour, the guide kept asking me if I thought there were more people in the group than what we started with.  I was too engrossed in taking photographs that I didn't even notice.  I guess he was right!

Original photograph.  No flash was used.  The only source of light came from a single flashlight pointed at the ceiling.


Lightened version of the previous photograph.  The shadow figure is seen at the extreme left of this shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment